Pages

welcome

Poetry, poetry, and poetry! And my rants about life in general in Papua New Guinea.



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Take away! This plateful! Cupful!

O fearless and ageless Prince
Conqueror of times; destroyer of many a kingdom
Absence of light is your majestic abode
Giver you are, to many a man such freedom!
And balance! To a crazy world is bestowed

Count the times upon you, I’ve called
For favours that emerged from my heart
Bare! I’d say, is your memory of my voice
And have I always in fear from you, part;
And tremble in reminiscence, then rejoice?

Do not with joy and a smirk, overlook;
O Prince of Sleep; my burdened heart!
Of your good nature, must I beg, although,
From this turmoil, certainly you’ll depart
This plateful! Cupful! This must go!

Seek! Wherever my heart rests, there
This plateful! Cupful! A rose without petals!
By my side, with a loud tongue; it’ll ever lay
Do not, of you I beg, hereby with it settle
Grab it! With a grip cold and be on your way

This plateful! Cupful! A rose without petals!
It I offer! Prince of Silence, you must know
Away from me! … In you arms must it crush
Crush it! Its odour, hide in your shadow
Then its remnants, into a wind must they rush

Or, This plateful! Cupful! A rose without petals!
Rusty sailless boat, on it, must it voyage south
Its journey; this journey! when and how it’ll end,
With a crimson eye, don’t inform, o shaky mouth;
Tired ears! Wailing! If they hear, will pretend


By: Jeffrey Febi          8th Tues Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment