Pages

welcome

Poetry, poetry, and poetry! And my rants about life in general in Papua New Guinea.



Monday, April 16, 2012

My Fatita (Walking stick)


What you are about to read is a product of my weary mind…after almost 8 weeks of daily walking up and down mountains, valleys, hills, ridges and crossing huge rapidly flowing rivers, I pondered over what I had achieved. I realised that my best and closet companion was my staff or walking stick.
Image

Some may call it a staff
Others say; ‘ah, its a walking stick!’
But amongst many is close to my heart
Favourite companion of mine
And she’s who keeps me steady on my path
A weary traveller; I seek
Onward I walk with a steady pal
To places I know not much of
And with your warmth I speak
To them that knoweth not
Constant companion you are
Continue to guide my walk
As I meader in this wilderness of ignorance
Keep me true in my talk
And open more eyes in this blindness
I’ll keep you close to my heart
Warmth of my arms around you
Is assurance of my commitment
To be true to your advice
Even when I am about to fall
In this ruggedness
Tress shade me but not hide me
From all that need to see me
I will follow you onto somewhere
Even if the path is croocked
This staff
My walking stick
Lead me on
To where you know

1 comment:

  1. Febi,
    You will continue to walk with that walking staff if you and your people go for wantokism, favourism, tribalism, regionalism and your people take brides from people seek to be elected to get into public office of MP.
    We must know that it is a office God had set up to rule and develop the people's resources to have good roads, bridges & etc. And change the shape of that bush trek you are walking on.
    You and I must know that it is not those people in power making nasty decisions to abuse the good work to develop our good country of PNG.
    It all depends on us and how we sent in those people into the God set institution, or to make our decisions & develop our nation.
    It is because of what type of a person we were and a kind of who we are had voted in 2007,& voted in who they are into the place to rule us.
    Make a good move and vote for a good leader: 1.God fearing leader. 2. Husband of one wife. 3. One who rules his own house well. 4. One has a good reputition, may not be abusive & misbehaving, and be of high intergrity.
    That will help you to throw your walking staff away and enjoy the benefits of that riches PNG is developing.
    If we give into food & drinks, money and etc for now is and tomorrow in the dung, we will walk up the mountains, across the vallies up and down the hills till we go back to dust, from where we were formed from by the hands of God the creator.
    It in the hands of you and me to chose a better leader with a vison and the heart for the people to change the shape of our country,PNG.
    In your hands now and don't recycle so called leaders chose from the will of God, like King David, to rule Israel.
    Jeffrey Febi, mi face book pren istap long foriegn country nau, in Florida, USA. na mi sem tru long lukim kain piksa olsem yu putim na plis 2012 em National election, mi stap hia mi no inap vote long hap tasol tingim gut long taim yupela votim lida.
    Mi lukim long USA i pairap na kamap world pawa em lidas i mekim. Mi tok gen noken makim ol self centered, na self promoted leaders. Makim lida igat leadership qualities to lead and develop PNG, bipo long olgeta gol; kopa oil na gas na nikel na ol pis i pinis divelopim PNG.
    Good luck to you and our people.
    Your decision determines our future. think wise, think big and have people with vison from all over PNG to represent us at haus man to do the best for us all.
    God bless you all and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete