Pages

welcome

Poetry, poetry, and poetry! And my rants about life in general in Papua New Guinea.



Monday, April 9, 2012

Who is in our house?

Of late, PNG's government has abused our parliament to satisfy their crave for power. I hope this poem reminds us of the imminent danger we face in continuing to allow this government rule.
...............

Who is in the house,
Built by our fathers;
Did I see many a mouse;
Where are our mothers?
Their songs I hear not!

Where are they sheltering,
From stormy knights;
Aren't the wrinkles of love,
Already in sight;
O' don't they need a dove?

Who is in the house,
On the mount of our fathers;
Who, our mothers did arouse,
From their slumbers;
Did the children hear them wake?

And the children;
Where are they playing;
Did I hear them say;
We are still sleeping,
 Into the youth of of day?
----

Jeffrey Mane Febi.

No comments:

Post a Comment